Wednesday, October 19, 2016

15 in the Peruvian Andes – the ruins of Pisaq

So, time to talk about the ruins of Písac. To be honest, after Cusco City, Ollantaytambo and Machu Picchu, we had sort of had our fill of ruins. And, unfortunately, these ones were under restoration or something, so the hiking paths from town to the ruins and back were closed, as well as huge sections of the site, leaving us with a very limited area to explore.

Still, you have to admit, the terracing creates some very impressive views and gives these valleys an otherworldly air...








And as a reward for all the exploring? Choclo con queso (corn with cheese)! I had seen this a few times before and now, so close to the end of the trip, I figured it was time to have one! Let me say that Peruvian corn is delicious! The grains are huge and juicy and so good! And not sweet at all, which I personally prefer. That plus the cheese and some ají (chile sauce) made for a great finish to our visit.



Now, since in my previous two posts I already talked about Písac, there's only one last post to publish – our last day in Cusco City and our flight to Lima and back to Mexico City...

No comments: