Thursday, August 18, 2016

back in NYC! – the United Nations

So, the reason for my New York City trip had to do with meetings at... the United Nations! Frankly, I was so chuffed about the setting for my work meetings! When I was a kid, my parents took me to NYC, and I think we didn't visit the UN. On other trips, as an adult, it had also somehow escaped my tourist eye. But now that my work revolves around co-operation and development, it was just too good not just that I'd visit, but that I'd actually work inside, if only for a couple of days! 



Naturally, I took what seriously little free time I had inside to behave as a tourist, taking pictures of art pieces donated by countries... 



Of the architecture...



Of other events taking place inside, like the High-Level Political Forum! Sustainable Development Goals! Yay! 



And the odd technological piece that, because of its design from a different era, practically qualifies as art...



I did not have the chance to visit the General Assembly hall, unfortunately. But the idea that I was working in the very same dark, windowless corridors and rooms underneath where the real conversations and agreements take place was, oddly, way more satisfying than a visit to the GA hall as a tourist.

No comments: