Thursday, December 17, 2015

Cruda la Vida!

Though originally conceived for people needing some spicy food, coffee, and maybe a beer to recover from a hangover the next morning, Cruda la Vida's home delivery fits people like me and my habib - that is, people who just don't want to get out of bed to go for breakfast - perfectly well! LOL

What I like about it:

- They are not strangers to the word vegan. First time I ordered, all I had to do was say I wanted my chilaquiles vegan, and they knew that meant no cheese, no cream, etc. That's the first pic below. On a second time, I asked if they could make their pastel azteca (a sort of Mexican interpretation of lasagna) vegan. Their answer? It already was! With some sort of almond cheese! That's the second pic below. So, on the vegan front - five stars!

- I like their coffee. I hate acidic coffee. And from my experience, I have the feeling acidic is how people like it here. Well, theirs was robust, strong, and absolutely not acidic! I almost liked it more than the food just for that!  





Glad to see my options for breakfast near home have expanded!


P.S. If you live in the centre of Mexico City and want to give them a try, this is their facebook page and this is their twitter feed.

No comments: