Thursday, August 13, 2015

14th - um petisco


I had never had an interest in travelling to Brazil. Just because. But I had never had an interest in travelling to Portugal either, and I absolutely adored it when I finally got around to visiting. And that infatuation with the land of fado awoke a corresponding curiosity about the land of samba and bossa nova. That – plus a ridiculously cheap flight to Rio de Janeiro – made this an easy decision: we'd celebrate 14 years of being together at the Cidade Maravilhosa (the Wonderful City).

Be prepared, a number of posts will follow. About the unbelievable natural landscape. About the food. About the culture. We barely spent two weeks in Brazil, and that was as rejuvenating as being a whole month or more on holidays! That one pic up there? That was the third photo I took in Rio, from the neighbourhood of Santa Teresa. Our very first totally stunning view of this place. A perfect introduction. 

I must say I'm very happy I chose Rio to celebrate. These trips are an essential part of my relationship with my habib, and this one in particular was a fantastic bonding experience, and also our first trip together since we moved to Mexico City. Anyhow, all I wanted to do was give you a tiny appetizer (um petisco). The main courses are a'coming!

No comments: